Knowing Your Business discuss the difference between Zopa and a traditional Bank. We ask Giles Andrews Zopa CEO and Co-Founder the questions about peer to peer lending and so much more.
It is all rather insightful..
Giles spent the first ten years of his career pursuing all things automotive. This included co-founding Caverdale in 1992, a start-up taken to a £250m revenue motor retailer, renamed Godfrey Davis Motor Group and sold in 1997.
He then set up his own consultancy business whose clients included Tesco and Tesco Personal Finance and which also provided start up advice and early stage funding for new businesses, until co-founding Zopa in 2004.
This little 1:11 second snippet explains how the name Zopa came about.
The naming of Zopa
This little 54 second snippet highlights our lack of interest in interest rates and why we should pay attention.
Who really does anything about changing banks for a better interest rate?
This 1:13 second snippet explains what peer to peer lending is all about.
Giles explains how peer to peer lending works
Play the FULL interview podcast.
An insightful conversation about peer to peer lending
Want to contact or connect with Giles or Zora? Click the links below…
This weeks Knowing Your Business show was presented by Ian Gentles and guest presenter Joy McCarthy.
Ian Gentles Digital Marketing Specialist based in Banbury Oxfordshire, The founder and Digital Marketing Manager of Knowing Your Business (the business radio show that is a rather useful marketing vehicle with podcasts)
Helps Business towards – increasing their (on and off line) sales and boosting their business reputation. Deals in the aspect of digital communication strategy concerned with understanding market opportunities, cultivating markets and customers, and generating awareness and demand for product and services.
Often known as somebody who spends at lot of time in online social spaces who also have a deep interest in the spaces where technology, culture and big ideas overlap.
Want to contact or connect with Ian Gentles? Click the links below…
- Ian Gentles Digital Marketing Website
- Read Ian Gentles latest blogs about Digital Marketing
- Connect with Ian Gentles Digital Marketing on Google+
- Connect with Ian Gentles on LinkedIn
- Join Ian Gentles on Google+
Joy McCarthy the Oxfordshire copywriter. Ardent thought-bubbler who thrives on chaos. Creative copywriter who also takes good writers and helps them achieve copywriting excellence with a Professional distance learning copywriting course
Want to contact or connect with Joy McCarthy or the Copywriting Apprentice? Click the links below…
- Joy McCarthy WordRight Website
- The Copywriting Apprentice Website
- Connect with Joy McCarthy on Google+
- Join the Copywriting Apprentice on Google+
- Connect with Joy McCarthy on LinkedIn
- Follow Word Right on Twitter
The Knowing Your Business Show social links
- Join Knowing Your Business on Google+
- Join the Knowing Your Business group on LinkedIn
- Follow Knowing Your Business on Twitter and join in the conversations
- Like Knowing Your Business on Facebook and have a conversation around the topics
- Knowing Your Business on YouTube
Knowing Your Business Show time is every Thursday at 10am until 12pm on Radio Horton.
If you have any questions for our guests or would just like to leave a comment please do.