It’s been suggested that the main aim of Marketing is to get potential customers to know, like and trust a business.
Knowing Your Business discuss Marketing for small businesses.with Dee Janes-Wait to hear her thoughts.
Dee started her working life as an Insurance Broker which lasted for 11 years.
Then went on to work for Fired Earth for 3 years as their business development manager,
Worked for an “eco” builders merchant in London for a year,
Worked for Crucial Trading (posh floorcoverings) as a South West business Development manager,
Worked for Heuga Home Flooring,again as a Business development manager.
Then set up a Dapper Living with a friend which was a party plan gift company, at the same time as becoming the Marketing Manager for Banbury Bodyshop and new business Auto Paintstore.
- Auto Paintstore is paint for cars, vans, bikes, kitchens, metal, plastic, glass, UPVC amongst many other things! They also sell masking tape, sanding discs, Filler,lacquer aerosols.
- Banbury Bodyshop have been in business since 1984 and are situated in the centre of Banbury. All makes accident repairs, Air conditioning, Wheel refurb, Smart repairs, Windscreen replacement, Signwriting removal, Display Work and Race Work.
This little 1:54 secound snippet highlights what Dee thinks is the difference between Marketing and sales.
Dee explains the telling of a story
Listen to the FULL interview. It’s rather enjoyable. Asking the questions is Tracey Jefferies
Dee gives us her insights about marketing
Want to connect with any of the businesses Dee is managing? Click the links below
This weeks Knowing Your Business show was presented by Ian Gentles and guest presenter Tracey Jefferies.
Ian Gentles Digital Marketing Specialist based in Banbury Oxfordshire, The founder and Digital Marketing Manager of Knowing Your Business (the business radio show that is a rather useful marketing vehicle with podcasts)
Helps Business towards – increasing their (on and off line) sales and boosting their business reputation. Deals in the aspect of digital communication strategy concerned with understanding market opportunities, cultivating markets and customers, and generating awareness and demand for product and services.
Often known as somebody who spends at lot of time in online social spaces who also have a deep interest in the spaces where technology, culture and big ideas overlap.
Want to contact or connect with Ian Gentles? Click the links below…
- Ian Gentles Digital Marketing Website
- Read Ian Gentles latest blogs about Digital Marketing
- Connect with Ian Gentles Digital Marketing on Google+
- Connect with Ian Gentles on LinkedIn
- Join Ian Gentles on Google+
Tracey Jefferies owner of Adapt Communications based in Oxford.
Passionate about branding, life-long learning, jazz & cake!
Adapt is an Oxfordshire based, full-service, marketing communications agency, dedicated to making sure your company continues to adapt the way it communicates, in order to drive sales and grow your business.
Adapt Communications helps you decide which methods of communication will be most effective to help your business raise its profile, increase the level of enquiries and most importantly drive sales.
Adapt work with a variety of companies from very different industries, mainly B2B, some B2C – the common thread is that they all want their message to be heard loud and clear. Clients include: Blenheim Palace, Cornbury Park, FROM, The Revival Company, Kemp & Kemp Property Consultants/Kemp & Kemp Residential, West Oxfordshire Citizens Advice Bureau & NFU.
Specialties: Brand Development, strategic and tactical marketing & PR. Web design & build. Copy writing for marketing collateral, editorial, websites and event Management.
On a personal basis Tracey is a Trustee of www.archoxfordshire.org.uk and also enjoys freelance writing & radio presenting.
Want to contact or connect with Tracey Jefferies or Adapt? Click the links below…
The Knowing Your Business Show social links
- Join Knowing Your Business on Google+
- Join the Knowing Your Business group on LinkedIn
- Follow Knowing Your Business on Twitter and join in the conversations
- Like Knowing Your Business on Facebook and have a conversation around the topics
- Knowing Your Business on YouTube
Knowing Your Business Show time is every Thursday at 10am until 12pm on Radio Horton.
If you have any questions for our guests or would just like to leave a comment please do.