Darke & Taylor established in 1958 has in 2014 approximately 160 employees. Working within a 100mile radius of Oxford, they provide electrical and M&E services to the construction industry. They cover all aspects of building services from design through to construction and maintenance.
Darke and Taylor Electrical Engineers and Contractors Awards.
- 2014 Oxfordshire Business Awards winners of the Nat West Business Large Business Award.
- In 2013 Darke and Taylor received national industry recognition when they were awarded “Best Medium Sized Contractor of the Year” by the Electrical Contractors’ Association – the UK’s leading trade association representing the best in electrical and building engineering service.
Commercial Director Simon Newton tells us their business success story and so much more. A fascinating radio interview.
In this 2:16 second clip snippet we hear some of the history of Darke and Taylor and how it all came together.
Where it all started
Insight into how Darke and Taylor really never thought of themselves as a successful company. They only thought of themselves as doing a job. Play the 1:46 second clip.
The big measure of our success is the human element
In this 2:10 second snippet we hear about the Darke and Taylor news story of Phoebe.
We want to attract the next Phoebe
What a fascinating story this turned out to be. Hear the FULL interview via the podcast
A story full of history and vision for the future
Want to connect with Darke and Taylor? Click the links below
This weeks Knowing Your Business show was presented by Ian Gentles and guest presenter Iain Nicholson
Ian Gentles - Digital Marketing Specialist based in Banbury Oxfordshire, The founder and Digital Marketing Manager of Knowing Your Business (the business radio show that is a rather useful marketing vehicle with podcasts).
Helps Business towards – increasing their (on and off line) sales and boosting their business reputation. Deals in the aspect of digital communication strategy concerned with understanding market opportunities, cultivating markets and customers, and generating awareness and demand for product and services.
Often known as somebody who spends at lot of time in online social spaces who also have a deep interest in the spaces where technology, culture and big ideas overlap.
Want to contact or connect with Ian Gentles? Click the links below…
- Ian Gentles Digital Marketing Website
- Read Ian Gentles latest blogs about Digital Marketing
- Connect with Ian Gentles Digital Marketing on Google+
- Connect with Ian Gentles on LinkedIn
- Join Ian Gentles on Google+
Iain Nicholson – a town centres specialist who has worked on a number of projects and initiatives in towns and city suburbs.
Iain draws on his background as a leading PR & Communications for business specialist in Oxfordshire and his expertise in public relations, business communications strategy, using social media, and skills training.
Iain is a former BBC radio journalist and co-founder of countywide business network OTCN.
Want to connect with Iain? Click the links below
The Knowing Your Business Show social links
- Join Knowing Your Business on Google+
- Join the Knowing Your Business group on LinkedIn
- Follow Knowing Your Business on Twitter and join in the conversations
- Like Knowing Your Business on Facebook and have a conversation around the topics
- Knowing Your Business on YouTube
Knowing Your Business Show time is every Thursday at 10am until 12pm on Radio Horton.
If you have any questions for our guests or would just like to leave a comment please do.